Below is some additional information
Tell me a little about your background and why you decided to start your blog consultant business?
- I’ve worked as a voice actor for over 30 years, doing kids voices
- I became a widow in 2001 and needed to find a more predictable way to supplement my income.
- I worked in Direct Sales for a long time and was very successful with it.
- I discovered CEO Space and was a Club President for almost 2 years, which was an awesome experience.
- Meanwhile, I started blogging for myself and found that I loved it. I also discovered that I was a techie. Who knew?
- Deep down I wanted something that would allow me to work from anywhere and becoming a blog consultant working online was perfect for me. So a year ago I started my business as a WordPress blog consultant. My website is SharpBizImage.com
- For the last year I’ve been working with entrepreneurs and I’ve had a ball working on some very interesting and fabulous projects. On some I’ve actually become part of their team.
What are the 5 biggest reasons an entrepreneur or small business owner should have a blog?
- It’s a great way to bring traffic to your website. The more traffic you have the more sales you’ll make. Every time you write a blog post, Google picks up your keywords and drives traffic to your site. You can link your blog to Facebook and Twitter and stay connected to your customer base. Your blog is your home and your real estate on the Internet whereas with social media you are only renting the space.
- You Increase your credibility and create expert status. Blogs allow you to constantly update your community with valuable information. You build relationships and stay connected. People see you as an authority on your topic and start to know, like and trust you.
- You can give better Customer service. Your customers can contact you without having to be put on hold. They find out about new products and services. You also get feedback from comments. You can serve customer all over the planet rather than just locally and this is important should a natural disaster strike.
- It gives you a voice. You can manage your reputation. It also gives you an edge and helps you stand out from your competition.
- Blogs are easy to manage for most people. You don’t have to depend on a webmaster for every single edit, which can become expensive. WordPress basics are easy to learn. All you have to do is login in the back office and everything is there for you.
What is the difference between a static website and a blogsite?
- A static website basically sits there like a phone book listing, whereas a blogsite is much more interactive. But even if you don’t want to actually blog, which some people don’t, you can make your blogsite look like a website. The advantage to blogging itself is that the more you blog, the more traffic you get.
How can you monetize your business and add multiple streams of income using a blog?
- You can sell products and services on your blog or promote the products of others and receive a commission. This is called affiliate marketing. It doesn’t cost you anything to do that. This increases your earning power. For instance, a hypno-therapist could not only hold sessions, but sell CD, books, or teach others. The possibilities are endless.
What specific services do you provide your clients?
- I help busy entrepreneurs who don’t have the time or interest in learning all the nuances of setting up WordPress, get their blogs setup , configured and looking sharp. I also help those who already have a WordPress blog but need someone to teach them how to operate it in a way that’s easy, non techie and stress free. I can edit and add content, integrate the blog with social media, email optin, upload videos and other media, set up sales funnels, etc. Because I’m not a programmer, which is not really necessary for WordPress because of the thousands of theme options and plugins, I’m very affordable, attentive and can get the work done quickly.
Hope you enjoy it and make sure to check out An Empowered Woman.